Newington Metro - call to action!
V8 Race Week Traffic Access
The Homebush Motor Racing Authority advises that the following traffic changes will be in effect from 30 November to 6 December.
Period from Monday 30 November to Thursday 3 December 2009 inclusive
Period from Friday 4 December to Sunday 6 December 2009 inclusive
- Australia Avenue Between Herb Elliott Ave and Kevin Coombs Ave one way northbound.
- Kevin Coombs Ave Between Australia Ave and Pondage Link one way westbound
- Edwin Flack Ave Between Pondage Link and Dawn Fraser Ave one way southbound
- Dawn Fraser Ave Between Edwin Flack Ave and Showground Road one way eastbound
- Showground Road Between Dawn Fraser Ave and Murray Rose Ave one way northbound
- Murray Rose Ave Between Showground Road and Park Street one way eastbound
- Park Street between Murray Rose Ave and Dawn Fraser Ave one way southbound
- Dawn Fraser Ave Between Park Street and Australia Ave one way eastbound
A map showing traffic flow and road closures can be downloaded below.
- Marjorie Jackson Parkway (Road closed) Between Australia Ave and Wentworth Common
- Dawn Fraser Ave (Road closed) between Edwin Flack Ave and Australia Avenue
- Australia Avenue (Road closed) Between Herb Elliott Ave and Kevin Coombs Ave.
- Kevin Coombs Ave (Road closed) Between Australia Ave and Pondage Link
- Edwin Flack Ave (Road closed) Between Pondage Link and Birnie Ave
- Showground Road (Road closed) Between Dawn Fraser Ave and Murray Rose Ave
- Murray Rose Ave (Road closed) Between Showground Road and Australia Ave
- Park Street (Road closed) between Murray Rose Ave and Herb Elliott Ave
- Shirley Strickland Avenue (Road closed) between Rod Laver Drive and Olympic Boulevard
- Shirley Strickland Avenue (Road Closure) Between Rod Laver Drive and P4 Car Park
- Rod Laver Drive (Road Closure) Between Shirley Strickland Avenue (west) and the Mousehole
- Figtree Drive (Road Closure) At Olympic Boulevard
- Herb Elliott Avenue (Road Closure) At Olympic Boulevard
- Uhrig Road (Road Closure) At Edwin Flack Ave
- Australia Ave (Restricted Access) between Figtree Drive and Herb Elliott Ave
- Old Hill Link (Restricted Access) At Hill Road
- Pondage Link (Road Closure) At Hill Road
- Olympic Boulevard (Restricted Access) At Sarah Durack Ave
- Shane Gould Avenue (Road Closure) At Olympic Boulevard
During the week, there may be the need for additional traffic diversions to be in place throughout the precinct. However, at all times traffic management wardens will be in place to ensure the smooth passage of traffic.
Please call Chris Bastic, Homebush Motor Racing Authority General Manager Stakeholder Relations, on 0418 771 552 should you have any enquiries on the temporary overlay works or other matters associated with the V8 Supercars motor race.
View attachment (155k PDF)