Community Strategic Plan for Auburn City - Have your say
Do you have ideas for the future of Auburn City or your very own suburb in the Council area?
What are the priority actions that Council, and other agencies need to focus on over the next 10 years?
As you may already be aware, Auburn City Council is currently in the process of developing our new Community Strategic Plan for the Auburn City Area for the next 10 years. Council wants to work closely with the community to make sure that the Plan clearly reflects the community’s priorities and aspirations for the future. Council has already started going out into the community to find out where improvements can be made, what your priorities are and how we can meet your expectations.
WHAT IS A COMMUNITY STRATEGIC PLAN?
A Community Strategic Plan is a plan to guide the operational and financial management of Council for the next 10 years. It seeks to address four key questions for the community:
- Where are we now?
- Where do we want to be in 10 years?
- How will we get there?
- How will we know we've arrived?
HOW DO I GET INVOLVED?
There are various ways you can get involved and have your say on Auburn’s future. You can:
- Visit an ‘I love Auburn City’ stall at various locations across the Auburn City area during May
- ‘Have your say’ confidentially at a Council feedback box located in Council’s Libraries in Auburn, Lidcombe, Regents Park and Newington or at Council’s Customer Service Centre
- ‘Have your say’ online via our interactive online discussion forum at www.Iloveauburncity.com.au
- Register for a City Wide or Area Based Forum in June 2010 where interpreters will be provided in some community languages
For more information on how to get involved, please see the attached information. Regular updates on the engagement process will be posted on our interactive online forum at:www.iloveauburncity.com.au