The NSW Police Force
in association with Auburn Council
is convening the
Newington Community Safety Audit
Would you like to be able to make a change in your community?
Are you interested in the safety of your streets?
Would you like to have a say in safety issues in your area?
If you live in Newington or you are interested in making a change then you are invited to attend and participate in this community audit.
What is a Community Safety Audit?
A Community Safety Audit helps to identify areas likely to stimulate fear and criminal opportunity. The audit gives the community a chance to survey areas and inform private and public agencies of existing or potential problem areas that could be reasonably made safer. The audit helps to minimise opportunities for crime, anti-social behaviour and fear of crime.
What are the objectives of the audit?
To identify areas likely to stimulate fear and criminal opportunity and suggest treatments to reduce opportunities for anti-social and criminal behaviour.
- Reduce opportunities for physical violence and property crime
- Provide important feedback to planners and ‘place’ managers
- Increase community responsibility for and supervision of public spaces
- Improve partnerships between citizens, police, and other agencies
- Reduce urban decay
- Promote community cohesion and community pride